Beta is launching the RR MY 2020 on to the market, but this is no simple redesign of the previous model. This bike represents a new generation of Enduro motorcycle under the RR brand.
The 2020 range includes 8 different engine sizes: four 2-stroke (125/200/250/300 cc) and four 4-stroke (350/390/430/480 cc) engines that offer Beta customers an extremely wide selection of bikes with which to take on their next adventure.
Beta has completely reinterpreted the off-road experience, with a slim, lightweight bike that is safe, reliable, and easy to ride while creating a riding experience like no other manufacturer can provide.
The work of Beta’s design engineers, testers and the entire Research & Development team has been expanded and intensified. You only need to look at the enormous advances made by the engine team, which has introduced a completely new power unit to the 4-stroke range, and the chassis team, with a frame that boasts completely redesigned geometry and rigidity.
The design aspect deserves a special mention of its own, as the superstructure, tailpiece, seat and a myriad of other details are all brand-new.
All this to bring together the best aesthetics and ergonomics in order to make the new RR MY 2020 a motorcycle capable of providing the rider with an experience that he or she will feel passionate about.
- Now with a counter-balancer to reduce vibration by increasing inertia and improving the power delivery curve. The counter-balancer improves the power delivery throughout the rpm range.
- Cylinder head redesigned (250 cc only) to improve torque at low rpm.
- New frame with redesigned geometry and rigidity for increased agility and stability. Weight is reduced and reliability boosted with the use of precision-cast components, while comfort is improved and vibration reduced thanks to new head bolts. The frame is also narrower at the base which improves handling over difficult sections and typical off-road tracks.
- Modified swingarm, now longer for the 4-stroke range and the 200 cc 2-stroke model, for better stability and traction.
- Completely redesigned tailpiece, greater strength to reduce breakage during off road riding, all filter box components and related accessories are now housed inside it (electrical components and oil reservoir for 2-strokes).
- New air filter boot.
- Filter mounting system, providing quicker and more accurate installation.
- Improved fork design compared to previous version, with new inner cartridge to lower the center of gravity providing the perfect level of plushness while also improving the action of square-edge impacts. Internal valving has been updated to work in-line with the new frame design.
- New rear shock absorber with:
– New top-out system, now a spring to improve grip and contact with the ground during hard braking.
– New longer shock bumper with more progressive compression. This ensures good protection of the buffer and improves bottoming resistance.
– New valving, to work in-line with the new frame.
- Cooling system with water hoses placed inside the frame and more efficient radiators. This improves heat transfer and allows engines to operate at lower temperatures even in the most extreme conditions.
- Larger capacity fuel tanks, of 9.1 l (2.4 US gallons) for 4-strokes and 9.5 l (2.55 US gallons) for 2-strokes. Besides providing greater range, the new fuel tanks improve ergonomics and ease-of-movement in the seat.
- Wider handlebars for greater control.
- Exhaust with new layout in line with the bike’s new rear section.
- Side stand with bigger foot.
- New precision-cast footpegs that are better at shedding mud and teeth to increase boot grip.
- New chain guide, longer to suit new swingarm.
- New brake pedal, more robust and with larger bearings.
- Shorter 430/480 cc gearing compared to previous models.
- Completely new superstructure (front cowl, front and rear fenders, ducts and fairings) that improves ergonomics and the operation of all related parts retaining the Italian design Beta is known for.
- Front fender with variable thickness geometry which reduces weight and increases rigidity.
- New tailpiece in techno-polymer.
- New tailpiece attachments in techno-polymer.
- New handlebar protector.
- Redesigned seat, more comfortable when moving about on the bike.
- New license plate bracket, lighter and with integrated handles.
- New silencer protector (excluding 125 cc).
- New digital instruments and instrument panel.
- Redesigned skid plate.
- New rear light and license plate bracket with integrated handles.
- New frame protectors.