Beta launches the new EVO Factory MY 2020 on the market.
The Tuscan manufacturer’s extensive experience and know-how have allowed them to develop a bike with an unrivaled chassis and engine, ensuring only the highest levels of performance. Compared to the standard version – which has already introduced numerous design/ergonomic improvements this year – the Factory version adds a whole series of components that make it battle-ready come competition time.
The EVO Factory MY 2020 has four engine options: three 2-stroke versions (125, 250 and 300 cc) and one 4-stroke version (300 cc). This means riders are free to choose the bike that best suits their riding style and so make the most of their individual performance.
Factory version engines differ from standard version power units as follows:
- Black magnesium casings: a more appealing look and greater weight savings to help create an even more agile ride.
- Titanium manifold (with conical cylinder connector – 125 cc only): boosts performance and reduces weight.
- Profiled clutch discs: ensure clutch precision under all riding conditions.
- Cylinder with optimized timing charts: brings out the full racing character of the engine without affecting user-friendliness.
- Cylinder head with specially designed volume and squish (300 cc only): for a further performance boost; what’s more, the red paintwork enhances the ‘factory’ character of this bike.
- Optimized control unit mappings: ensure excellent low-rev handling without compromising mid-high rev performance.
- Black anodized engine oil plugs.
The 300 cc 4-stroke engine on the new EVO Factory MY 2020 features a lighter, even higher-performing titanium silencer and a new electronic control unit. This increases sparking stability (thanks to higher electrical power) and consequently improves combustion throughout the rev range.
From a design and chassis viewpoint, the new EVO Factory MY 2020 differs from the standard version as follows:
- Fork with re-calibrated fork hydraulics and compression adjustment: ensure an optimal setting whatever the conditions.
- Gold anodized machined-from-solid triple clamp: besides reducing weight and increasing stiffness, lets the rider shift the handlebar risers forwards or backwards to adjust bike set-up to perfection.
- Rear suspension with longer wheelbase and adjustment of both compression and rebound: more progressive hydraulics allows for a more refined set-up that provides benefits in terms of pre-obstacle compression and push-off.
- Rear suspension with new hydraulic settings: provides much greater low-speed control which aids balance and stability while riding.
- Rear suspension with new ‘spring guide’ geometry: increases high-impact absorption through greater flexibility of the shock absorber plug, which now features a bigger containment space.
- Linkage progression: even more sensitive and progressive, ensuring better responsiveness and traction.
- Lanyard-type kill switch: ensures even greater riding safety.
- Black anodized bar end plugs: protect the grips and throttle.
- Black anodized chain adjusters: make chain tension adjustments extremely precise.
- Machined-from-solid foot pegs in non-slip steel: besides clearly improving boot grip, these ensure significant weight reduction.
- Galfer racing brake discs: deliver more powerful braking, weight savings and a ‘racier’ look.
- BrakTec brake and clutch pumps: for improved braking modulation.
- Black anodized brake and clutch pump covers.
- Rear brake caliper with brake pad anti-vibration system.
- New gold Excel rims.
- Michelin X-light tires: maximize grip whatever the riding conditions.
- New look and new decal graphics: the racing spirit of this bike is enhanced by new graphics in the Beta Factory colors of red, white and blue, with gold trims.