Now that winter is over, we’re all eager to get back on the saddle and fire up the engine. Giving shape to this anticipation built up over the past few months, Beta presents the most high-performance version of the EVO family yet – the new Evo Factory My 2022.
Working in close collaboration with the Beta Factory Team and the riders Matteo Grattarola, Lorenzo Gandola, Sondre Haga and Aniol Gelabert, the R&D division has taken the performance of the Evo Factory to even greater heights, further honing a model that has evolved over time while remaining the benchmark in its class and the bike to beat in world championships. The result is a machine whose spirit and style embody the essence of racing.
The highlights of these new models are as follows:
Factory version engines differ from standard version power units as follows:
The 4-stroke Factory variant also benefits from a series of upgrades relative to the standard EVO version. The electronic control unit now operates at a higher power rating, which translates to improved spark stability and improved combustion at all engine speeds. In keeping with its more potent engine, the EVO Factory is also equipped with a lightweight performance titanium exhaust silencer.
FRAME AND SUSPENSION
In terms of frame, suspension and design, the new Evo Factory My 2022 differs from the standard version as follows:
- Front fork with modified elastic response and compression adjustment characteristics: even more progressive hydraulic damping response offers advantages both when absorbing shocks from the terrain and when the rider compresses the fork to bounce onto obstacles.
- Mono-shock with optimised spring guide geometry and red spring: the characteristics of the rear mono-shock have also been optimised to soak up the biggest shocks more effectively, making the bike easier to control for the rider in even the most technical situations. This has been made possible by using a more deformable bush which allows more room for expansion, and by the availability of a number of different compression and rebound damping settings.
- Progressive linkage: the configuration of the rear suspension progressive linkage is optimised to ensure maximum traction and superior feel.
- Steering yokes machined from billet alloy with gold anodised finish: ensuring superlative stiffness and lightness, the steering yokes also feature fore-aft adjustable handlebar brackets to let any rider set up the ideal riding position.
- Lanyard kill switch: for uncompromised safety when riding the bike.
- Chain adjusters, handlebar end plugs and footpegs with black anodised finish: these are long-lasting, lightweight components, while the non-slip steel pins on the footpegs ensure maximum grip.
- Version-specific radiator hoses in red silicone: offering improved cooling performance, these components also give the bike a thoroughbred racing look.
- Galfer racing brake discs: these discs combine superior braking power with extremely light weight, which contributes to reducing unsprung mass and maximising the agility of the bike.
- BrakTec brake and clutch master cylinders.
- Rear brake calliper with anti-vibration system for pads.
- Excel Oro wheels.
- Michelin X-light tyres: for unparalleled grip in every situation.
- New graphics: as always, the new model year comes with all-new graphics, making sure that the bike has the looks to match its class-beating performance. The EVO Factory MY 22 boasts a red, blue and white colours scheme, which is complemented by the red hydroformed frame and the black and gold details to create a no-compromise racing look.
Evo 300 4 Str
The 4-stroke model also boasts an engine capacity of 300 cc, and strikes the perfect balance between performance, tractable engine power and overall usability. This engine embraces a completely different approach to riding than its 2-stroke siblings with plenty of torque and linear, extremely progressive, power delivery.