Beta’s project to expand the horizons of Rideability enter a new dimension – Motocross! It is the first modern motocross bike built by the Italian manufacturer since the early 1980’s, represents the first chance in Europe for enthusiasts to ride a Beta Motocross bike, after its début in the MXGP World Championship three years ago.
We are talking about Beta RX 300 2T, the new frontier of Rideability in the World of MX.
What does Rideability mean for Beta? It means allowing every rider of a Beta bike to have a simultaneously easy-to-ride yet high-performance bike, a top-level performer, yet friendly, fun, and never too demanding. Today, for the first time, Beta is taking this concept to modern Motocross.
The 300 RX is completely new for the European market, however many already know about it, at least by brand purists, who will have seen it in some shots stolen from the US market.
RX 300 2T is a bike which was launched as an exclusive motocross bike for the US market in 2021. The success of this project, aided by the ever-growing experience accumulated in the race field in the MXGP World Championship with the 450 4T, have led the Tuscan brand to open the throttle on the evolution of the bike which today is configured as a fully-fledged motocross bike. This limited production model will be produced for the first time outside the US make the RX 300 2T a unique opportunity to add the first European version of this bike to your garage, a model which for Beta marks the return to the motocross market and which will open the way for a new range of totally new vehicles arriving soon.
The RX 300 2T is a unique bike in its genre, the perfect combination of power and control, therefore a vehicle which is born with a racing spirit due to it being dedicated to the race track. It still features the ease of use typical of the Betamotor family, however, fully focused on fun without compromises.
The all-new RX 300 was designed for the moto-minder rider looking for the style and performance that can only come from Beta of Italy. The “factory bike sound” coming from the muffler sets this model apart from the rest of the brands on the track. Many Beta engineers come from a motocross background which allows them to exercise their talents.
Engine: The engine of the RX 300 offers a high level of performance, especially on the mid-range and top end of the power delivery, yet still provides excellent torque thus offering an enjoyably progressive drive which is always under control, focusing on the concept of docility in all situations.
The main characteristic details of the RX 300 2 Strokes are as follows:
- Piston: dual-ring design and matched perfectly to the RX cylinder porting.
- Carburettor: Keihin PWK 38 mm.
- Dedicated spark plug: NGK BR8ECM.
- Crankshaft: this component has been lightened with a reduced diameter married to the engine main cases exclusive to the RX to provide faster acceleration at higher engine speeds.
- Exhaust valve: an adjustable valve that changes the power delivery at drastic levels providing the tune-ability for riders of all abilities.
- Short silencer: to favour performance at medium-high engine speeds.
- Hydraulic Clutch with diaphragm spring: provides a smooth operation, easy pull and resistant to overheating. The spring preload for the clutch can be set to three positions which changes the progression of the clutch. by adjusting a dedicated ring inside the clutch cover.
- Cooling lines: high-performance models in blue silicone.
- MAP Switch: two-positions that provide the rider with two different engine power deliveries. This system is independent of the adjustable power valve providing the rider with an amazing amount of engine power adjustability.
- Exhaust: special plated exhaust for a beautiful look and low maintenance after each moto.
As regards the vehicle’s frame:
Fork and shock: are Kayaba (KYB). This suspension package is exclusive to the RX model. Beta engineers worked closely with Kayaba to develop the perfect settings based on the overall RX model’s geometry. The goal was to provide a package stiff enough for the big hits yet supple and soft over the chop that many motocross tracks develop.
The wheels are 21” at the front and 19” at the rear, with 80/100-21 and 120/80-19 Michelin Starcross 6 tyres, while the braking system is by Nissin with floating callipers and a 260mm disc on the front and 240mm at the rear.
Electric Start: fires to life at the push of a button, matched to the light weight of a lithium battery will make your friends kick starting their 2 strokes envious.
Rounding off the model’s specifications:
The electrical components, including the main wire harness, are at a bare minimum to reduce weight. Starter button and kill switches are handlebar mounted.
There are then some special components which enhance the bike’s trim level:
– Chain tensioners in red Ergal alloy
– Blue anodised Excel rims
– Red chain guide
– Red anodised dual-material sprocket
– Black Ergal alloy footpegs with steel pins
Rounding off the package are brand-new graphics, featuring typical Racing colours, to make a unique model in the Beta range stand out.
Every RX 300 will be supplied with a moto-style stand.